Distance: 565km / 350mi
- Start in Porto, Portugal and enjoy the world-famous wine of the region: port.
- Bite into an authentic Frencesinha Sandwich.
- Board a boat to follow the wine trail between Porto and Regua.
- Walk the historic center of Ribeira, but for more contemporary culture visit the Fundação Serralves
- Stop and savor the breathtaking views in the Alto Douro wine region on your way to Madrid.
Drink delicious wine in Porto, Portugal for a truly authentic wine lover's experience.
The Douro Valley could as easily be called the enchanted valley, due to its magical landscape. The wine isn't too bad, either.
You can get a lot done with just a few days in Porto, Portugal--including a few rounds of golf and a few sips of wine.
Distance: 550km / 340mi
- In Spain’s capital, go out for tapas at any of the hundreds of outside terraces
- Explore the wine cellars of Madrid’s old town tunneled deep beneath the Plaza Mayor.
- Feed your soul on some of the masterpieces at the Prado, Thyssen and Reina Sofía museums.
- Wander the Wine Trail of Valdepeñas in La Mancha, the largest wine-producing area in Europe.
- A stop in Logroño is a must for gastronomic delights. Explore the capital and hub of the La Rioja region where many Spanish wineries were founded.
- The Rioja vines surround countless Romanesque churches and monasteries. Peer inside one on this once main route for pilgrimages to Santiago de Compostela.
Golf in Madrid and finish the day with a crisp glass of Spanish wine.
La Rioja is one of Spain's most internationally renowned wine-producing areas.
You’ll find that Madrid is the ideal place for a leisurely shopping trip with all the family. See all the shopping Madrid has to offer.
Distance: 440km / 275mi
- Discover the famous vineyards of Saint-Emilion by bicycle and ride along the region’s vineyards and famous chateaux.
- Shop the famous rue Sainte Catherine of Bordeaux and devour the latest fashions.
- Join a tasting class in a Medoc Chateaux for a quick education in wine.
- Finally, treat yourself to a relaxing stay in a luxurious Chateau.