Submitted on Tue, 03-June-2014
- Wash the fish fillets, pat dry using kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Finely chop the herbs for the herb butter and mix with the butter. Season with salt and pepper and flavour with the anchovy paste and a dash of lemon juice. Place in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the grill to its maximum setting.
- Clean and finely chop the mushrooms. Dice the shallots and sweat in hot butter or oil until translucent. Add the mushrooms, season with pepper, and fry slowly over a medium heat until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil and butter together in a pan. Coat the fillets of trout on one side in flour (with the skin side placed down into the flour) and fry off quickly over a high heat with the floured side down. Turn and again fry quickly (so that the fish does not become too dry). Layer the fillets with the crispy, floured side upwards in a greased baking tin and smear with the herb butter. Brown the top using high top heat, until the herb butter foams up.
- Add salt to the cooked mushrooms and, if preferred, sprinkle over with chopped parsley. Arrange on pre-heated plates. Place the browned trout fillets on top and serve.
Serve with new potatoes coated in butter or Spätzle (noodles) and fresh salad.
Cooking time: 6 – 12 minutes (incl. browning the top), depending on the thickness of the fish fillet
Source: Austrian National Tourist Office