Submitted on Mon, 26-May-2014
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
Grind and add the spices until fine and sieve into the bowl
- Add the sugar, butter and a dash of salt into the well and rub slowly between your fingers.
- Knead into a supple dough, wrap in plastic film and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/350°F. Roll the dough out into a sheet 7mm thick and place onto a nonstick baking sheet.
Prick little holes in the dough with a fork and sprinkle with almonds.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool and break into pieces.