Submitted on Tue, 15-July-2014
- Caramelize 30 g of butter and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a pan, then add the milk and let simmer until the caramelized sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chestnut puree.
- Whip the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until it`s frothy and stir in the chestnuts mass.
- Beat the egg whites with some sugar until it`s stiff and put it carefully into the batter.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, pour in the batter and bake the underside golden brown, then turn it around.
- Put the pan into the preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes at 180 degrees. Then the “Kastanienschmarren” with two forks into pieces.
- Arrange the Schmarren on plates, sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve it immediately.
You can serve it with vanilla ice cream and cranberry marmelade.