Submitted on Thu, 11-September-2014
- Peel the potatoes and finely grate them.
- Mix the flour and salt into the potatoes. In the event the potatoes are too dry, add a little water.
- Mix the dough well, it should be fairly thick, but so as it can be pushed through a sieve.
- Then push the halušky through the sieve with bigger holes into boiling salted water.
- Stir the halušky occasionally throughout the cooking. When they float to the surface of the water, let them boil for another 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, fry the finely chopped bacon.
- Take out the halušky with a sieve and allow them to drain and then hot, without washing them, put them into a bowl, where you have previously mixed the sheep cheese with the oil left after frying the bacon.
- Mix well, if it is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water, in which the halušky were boiled. Sprinkle with bacon and pour over a little of the bacon oil left after frying.