Submitted on Thu, 11-September-2014
- Cook the potatoes with their skins, and once cool, peel and grate them on a fine grater. On a board knead a stiff dough from all the ingredients: flour, eggs, potatoes and salt.
- Roll out the dough soon so it does not get runny.
- Cut it into squares, put washed and drained piece of fruit into every piece and shape it as into a ball.
- Boil them in slightly salted water for about 7 minutes until they float to the surface.
- Take them out but do not rinse them. Pour melted butter over the finished dumplings, and sprinkle topping – cream cheese with sugar, ground poppy seeds with sugar, ground nuts with sugar or fried breadcrumbs.
Method for the crumbly topping – streusel:
- Fry the breadcrumbs in a dry pan until pink.
- Sweeten the fried breadcrumbs with powdered sugar. You can also add minced or chopped walnuts to sprinkle over the still hot, buttered dumplings.
Source: Slovak Tourist Board