Submitted on Tue, 27-May-2014
- Mash the boiled potatoes with a potato masher and mix them with butter.
- Pack the dough tightly into a bowl. Then divide it into four equal parts. Take one of them out and fill the empty place with potato flour. In this manner ideal proportions are kept.
- Add the remaining dough and knead it energetically, adding the eggs one by one. Add salt to taste.
- Shape the dough into small balls and press a characteristic hole with your finger in the middle of each dumpling.
- Put the dumplings in salted boiling water and wait until they float to the surface.
- Serve with butter, scratchings of smoked bacon or fried onion.