Submitted on Thu, 12-June-2014
Daktyla are delicious Cyprus sweets in the shape of fingers, dipped in syrup and filled with almonds and cinnamon.
- Sift the flour and rub in the salt and oil.
- Add water and lemon and knead to firm dough.
- Cover and leave to stand.
- Prepare the filling, mixing all the ingredients.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet and cut into 8X10 cm rectangles.
- Put a teaspoon of filling at the edge of the rectangle and roll.
- Press the two ends with a fork to seal. Fry in hot oil until golden brown and then drain.
- Dip in cold syrup for a few seconds, drain and transfer to a plate.
Source: Cyprus Tourism Organisation