Submitted on Mon, 01-September-2014
- Wash asparagus and cut about 2 cm from the bottom. Remove the skin with a peeler.
- Place washed and peeled asparagus in a pan and cover with water. Season with salt, bring to a boil and reduce fire, leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil potatoes in water for about 20 minutes until cooked.
- Remove pan with asparagus from heat and leave for another 15-20 minutes. Test with fork to see if asparagus are done: prick bottom section, must be tender but not soggy.
- Boil eggs 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse eggs briefly in cold water to remove shells more easily. Shell and halve lengthwise.
- Melt butter on low heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use skimmer to take asparagus from pan and leave to drip dry on tea towel. Pour molten butter into gravy boat. Drain potatoes.
- Divide asparagus amongst 4 plates and garnish with 4 rolled slices of ham, 2 half eggs and potatoes. Sprinkle asparagus with nutmeg and parsley for garnish.
Source: Nederlands Bureau voor Toerisme & Congressen