Submitted on Tue, 27-May-2014
- Grind the cheese three times.
- In a large bowl cream soft butter, sugar and yolks.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds out with the blunt side of the knife. Mix them into the pastry.
- Add the cheese and stiffly beaten egg whites. Stir the dough gently. You may add raisins or diced candied orange peel.
- Cover the bottom of the cake tin with crushed shortcrust biscuits and then pour the cheese pastry over it.
- Bake it in the oven preheated to around 170oC for about 60 minutes.