Submitted on Mon, 14-April-2014
1. Cream butter until light and gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar, lemon peel and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
2. Add yolks, one a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Mix flour with 1/3 cup of cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir into butter mixture.
4. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beat till stiff peaks form.
5. Stir a small amount of egg white into flour mixture, fold flour mixture into egg whites.
6. Bake on rotating spit.
Remove your sakotis from the spit before serving.